Report and Consent is required where your property is within an area that Council deem to be subject to flooding, special building overlay, not within a sewered area or when you are extending or projecting your building over an easement and or occupying the footpath. As soon as you are building within these areas you need Report and Consent from the relevant Council
Report and Consent Applications for non-siting matters includes issues outlined in the Building Regulations such as:
|Report and Consent Regulations|
|130||Build over easement consent|
|116||Precautions over a street (more information)|
|153||Construction of buildings on land liable to flooding (more information)|
|154||Building on designated land|
If your design does not comply with the Building Regulations we can apply to council on your behalf to vary this.
What is our process?
- Complete our Building Consulting Application Form accompanied with these documents
- Title & Plan of Subdivision (no more than 60 days old). Obtain from Landata
- Architectural drawings with finished floor level in AHD (Australian Height Datum)
- Payment of fees
- We will then complete our assessment, write a report and submit this to council. We may ask you for additional documents to strengthen your application.
- Submit the application to Council
- Contact Council to see the status of the application
- Wait for a response. Time frames will depend on the local Council.
SP will send out completed reports to Council within 3 days of receiving all the required documentation. (Note: documents will vary between Council) it is in your best interest to submit completed applications to help your case.