Pre-development advice is where we provide building regulatory advice specifically for designers and developers. We work alongside your design team, including the Relevant Building Surveyor (RBS) to ensure that you have a smooth transition from prestart to construction. In Victoria, an RBS is not permitted to provide design advice. It is therefore critical for major projects to have a design Building Surveyor as well as a certifying building surveyor. Our service includes but is not limited to the following:
- Preliminary advice with regards to design of buildings in order to meet the deemed to satisfy provisions of the building regulations (NCC)
- Preliminary advice, in conjunction with the project fire engineer with regards to meeting the Performance Requirements of the NCC.
- Attending design meetings with the design team.
- Providing detailed review of all architectural drawings.
- Providing design advice with respect to services required in a building.
What is our process?
- Complete our Building Consulting Application Form.
- We will send you a fee proposal.
- The process will vary as required to suit the project needs.
Within 5 business days we can provide complete pre-development advice.