A Report and Consent is a variation to the Building Regulations. When an aspect of your building is contrary to Part 5 of the Building Regulations you may apply to the local Council to have your building approved without complying with the relevant clauses of the Building Regulations.
What is our process?
- Complete our Building Consulting Application Form accompanied with these documents
- We will then complete our assessment, write a report and submit this to council. We may ask you for additional documents to strengthen your application
- Submit the application to Council
- Wait for a response. Timeframes will depend on the local Council
- Follow up Council on a weekly basis and provide a update on the status of the application
- Get the result from Council
SP will send out completed reports to Council within 3 days of receiving all the required documentation, (note: documents will vary between Council). It is in your best interest to submit completed applications to help your case.