Pre-development advice is where we provide building regulatory advice specifically for designers and developers. We work alongside your design team, including the relevant Building Surveyor(RBS) to ensure that you have a smooth transition from prestart to construction. In Victoria, an RBS is not permitted to provide design advice. It is therefore critical for major projects to have a design Building Surveyor as well as a certifying building surveyor. Our service includes but is not limited to the following:
- Preliminary advice with regards to design of buildings in order to meet the deemed to satisfy provisions of the building regulations (NCC)
- Preliminary advice, in conjunction with the project fire engineer with regards to meeting the Performance Requirements of the NCC.
- Attending design meetings with the design team.
- Providing detailed review of all architectural drawings.
- Providing design advice with respect to services required in a building.
What is our process?
- Complete our Building Consulting Application Form.
- We will send you a fee proposal.
- The process will vary as required to suit the project needs.
Within 5 business days we can provide complete pre-development advice.