A Performance Solution is an alternative way of complying with the Building Code of Australia (NCC).
The NCC is a performance based code. One demonstrates compliance with the performance requirements by either complying with the prescriptive (deemed to satisfy) provisions of the Building Code, or by the preparation of a performance solution. The Performance Solution may differ in whole or in part from the Deemed-to-Satisfy Provisions, but will still meet the Performance Requirements as long as it can be successfully demonstrated how this will be achieved.
- Prepare a performance solution for most performance requirements in the BCA.
- Certify compliance with a performance solution that someone else has prepared. (including compliance with Fire safety/fire ratings etc)
We cannot issue a performance solution for a project where we are the appointed Relevant Building Surveyor.
What is our process?
- Provide us with a detailed scope and Building Consulting Application Form.
- We will provide you with a fee proposal for the relevant performance requirement.
- We will then prepare the performance solution report for acceptance by the Relevant Building Surveyor and issue it to you in draft form.
- Upon acceptance of the performance solution, and upon payment of our invoice, we will issue you the final report.